At San Diego Epiphyllum Society, respecting the privacy and security of your personal information is important to us. We are sensitive to privacy issues concerning our customers and believe it is important that you understand our privacy policies and what they mean to you.
Please read our Privacy Notice carefully and completely. It is designed to inform you of the types of information we collect, how we use that information, and the circumstance under which we share it among our affiliates. It is broken into 5 important areas below:
- Notice of Your Privacy Rights
- Information We Collect
- Confidentiality, Security and Integrity of Your Information
- Your Information and Our Affliates
- Your Information and Other Parties
We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information. We will first define some of the terms that we will use:
Nonpublic Personal Information
Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term “information” to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
An affiliate is a company that we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us. Ownership does not mean complete ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
- We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates. Here are the kinds of information and the source of that information:
- Transaction and experience information from our account records
- Information about your transactions and experience with us, such as name, address, parties to the transaction and phone
Federal law allows us to disclose the information listed above with our affiliates. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this policy or as permitted by law. This might include disclosures necessary to service your account, perform joint marketing or prevent unauthorized transactions.